Bellingham Event Guide v.2

Bellingham Parks & Recreation Leisure Guide

Issue link: https://bpr.uberflip.com/i/819540

Contents of this Issue


Page 11 of 17

10 Food Food and beverage services must follow all applicable laws and regulations including food handling, taxes and labor laws. See the Whatcom County Health Department Temporary Food page for more information: http://www.co.whatcom.wa.us/871/Temporary -Food Heat Source/Cooking Equipment Any heating equipment, such as electric hotplates or other similar heat-producing devices shall have at least one fire extinguisher with a minimum rating of 2A:10BC. Extinguishers shall be in good working condition, fully charged, with seals intact and currently certified. The use of propane, structures with deep fat fryers and other cooking equipment may have other safety and permitting restrictions. The City of Bellingham Parks Department contracts with recreation and food/beverage vendors to provide services in some City parks each year. City vendors and their customers must be allowed access at all times, and Special Events shall not duplicate contracted food vendor products. Cooking/Food Waste Receptacles for all waste related to food and beverage services must be provided for and by the event sponsor. Exceptions may be made with a written agreement with the City. See the Recycling & Waste topic for additional information. Power/Water Except where specific written permission has been granted, all food and beverage services must provide their own power and water. See the Power Access topic area for more information. Compostable Products The City of Bellingham supports environmentally-friendly practices, and strongly urges event sponsors to require vendors to supply compostable or reusable serving ware and packaging. See the Recycling/Sanitation topic for more information. Insurance & Endorsement Except for certain exempt activities and those occurring within a public park, event sponsors must procure and maintain insurance coverage for the duration of the event to cover any claims for injuries to people or damage to property that could occur in connection with the event. The City of Bellingham must be added as an additional insured on the sponsoring organization's Commercial General Liability insurance policy and this policy must be accompanied by an additional insured endorsement form. The General Liability insurance shall be written with limits no less than $1 million each occurrence, $2 million general aggregate, shall be primary and noncontributory, and shall include a waiver of subrogation. For events serving alcohol, the event sponsor must also procure and maintain Liquor Liability insurance in the amount of $1 million each occurrence, unless a qualified host has coverage which is approved in writing by the City. Insurance documentation must be filed with the City no less than 14 days prior to the event.

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

view archives of BPR - Bellingham Event Guide v.2